Bone Cancer Survivor: Grateful for Life

Ms. Chi
Johor Baharu, Malaysia

A Small Tumor on My Ribs

In early 2003, I found a lump on my left sixth true rib, which was sometimes painful. I did not pay attention to it at first, but it kept hurting so I knew something was wrong.

In July of the same year, I went to the Central Hospital in Johor Baharu for a checkup. The doctor said I was fine, I probably got hurt when I carried my son. But the pain did not stop. In August, I went to a clinic in Singapore and the doctor there advised me to have a detailed examination at TTSH (Tan Tock Seng Hospital).

Finally, I went to the hospital to have an X-ray and CT scan. The results were positive: I had middle-stage bone cancer. I had to have surgery. When I heard the news from the doctor, I shivered but could not cry. I never thought the lump would be a malignant tumor. I did not know how to react.

My surgery was scheduled for October 2003. While I waited, I went to bookstores looking for books about cancer treatments. In a pile of books, I found a book called “Chinese medicine breaks through the bottleneck of cancer treatments” (《突破癌症治疗瓶颈的汉方》). The author was a Japanese MD named Dr. Hiroyuki (阿部博幸). In the book, it introduced a compound Chinese herb anticancer medicine, Tian Xian Liquid, which boosted the human immune system and had the direct efficacy of inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.

Used with conventional treatments, it could enhance the efficacy of chemo and radiotherapy and reduced their side effects. I believed that Tian Xian Liquid could be of great help to me. Finding Tian Xian Liquid was not an easy job but I finally found it and it was expensive. I hesitated for a moment but my husband convinced me that I should take Tian Xian Liquid to boost my physical condition before my surgery. Therefore, I bought a box of 280 ml Tian Xian Liquid.

Alone in the Hospital

I had surgery before I finished my first box of Tian Xian Liquid. It was a major operation. The doctor removed the tumor and my fifth and seventh left true ribs as well. I did not know how long I slept. When I woke up, I felt uneasy and bilious. I did not know what kinds of tubes were put through my body parts but they made it difficult to breathe. Since I had 3 true ribs removed, the doctor put a piece of plaster to seal the rib cage hole. It was uncomfortable to move my body and arm. The good news was that I recovered quickly. After 7 days, I could leave the hospital and I went back home.

On December 21, 2003, I had my first cycle of chemotherapy. I needed to have chemotherapy every 21 days, with a total of 6 cycles. The chemotherapy drugs were very strong and I felt the side effects were obvious. I felt uneasy and tender. I lost my hair and appetite; I had a throat infection, fever and I vomited.

I remember that during the Lunar New Year of 2004, I needed to stay in the hospital because of a fever. I ended up spending New Year’s Eve and the New Year in that Singapore hospital. It was hard to see the patients next to me who had families and friends come to visit. I missed my family and really wanted to be with them for New Year. I could not forget my loneliness as I was away from my family.

I insisted on taking Tian Xian Liquid as integrated it with my conventional treatments in the hospital. Tian Xian Liquid was a great help to me. I needed to have treatments every 21 days in the hospital and reports showed that my white blood cells counts went back to normal. So I could keep getting chemotherapy. Eventually, I completed the entire course of treatment successfully.

Next I underwent electrotherapy. In July 2004, I completed 30 sessions of electrotherapy with the help of Tian Xian Liquid. Since my doctors were worried about my cancer spreading to my lungs, they arranged for me to have a CT scan every six months for the next five years. Afterwards, my regular check-ups would be once per year. This is now my seventh year. My doctor told me that I was completely healed and I didn’t need anymore CT scans.

In My Hour of Need, Many People Helped Me

After this cancer experience, I finally realized how important it was to be healthy. When I had cancer, I felt the loving care of people around me. I still clearly remember my mother-in-law, who lived far away in Sarawak, even coming to my home in Johor Baharu to take care of me without hesitation once she heard I was to have surgery. Of course, my husband was always by my side.

During my hospitalization in Singapore, he went back and forth to the hospital and took care of me unconditionally. My parents and sisters pitched in together to buy me Tian Xian Liquid. My father-in-law also sent money to my husband for purchasing Tian Xian Liquid. I was unable to go to work and recuperated from the disease at home for 2 years.

Thankfully, my boss did not fire me but raised money from the management staff for my Tian Xian Liquid doses. During this difficult time in my life, people around me showed they cared by helping me. I was truly touched.

I am a devout Christian and know that God is watching over me. He surrounded me with all these people! My heart is full of gratitude for what they have done for me. God loves me very much, and I feel truly blessed!

Cancer Survivor Stories

Bone Cancer Stories

Breast Cancer Stories

Cervical Cancer Stories

Colon Cancer Stories

Esophagus Cancer Stories

Intestine Cancer Stories

Liver Cancer Stories

Lung Cancer Stories

Lymph Cancer Stories

Nasal Cancer Stories

Ovarian Cancer Stories

Pancreatic Cancer Stories

Pituary Cancer Stories

Rectal Cancer Stories

Stomach Cancer Stories

Uterus Cancer Stories